Question regarding smelting

• An ex-guildmate of mine mentioned that if you condition a piece of gear you can increase the amount of forging materials you'd receive from that piece through smelting.

Can anyone shed some light on this statement?

• They said 2-3 weeks, like one week ago. So i guess we have to wait a bit, probably won't be in time for the end of the Wild Farm.

"I have a vision. A vision of everyone having cheese. Olroy cheese. Together we can put an end to the rule of Jyggalag, the Prince of Biscuits... Or was it order?"

• I personally have the impression that conditioning the gear has a positive effect on the smelting success. I don‘t have evidence but I do it for every red item. Maybe it‘s useless but I‘ll keep doing it.

• I personally have the impression that conditioning the gear has a positive effect on the smelting success. I don‘t have evidence but I do it for every red item. Maybe it‘s useless but I‘ll keep doing it.

Recently I smelted 2 antonius items which were the same. The one with less condition gave me like 11 red crystals and 6 orange crystals and the other one which was with 100% condition gave me just 4 red crystals (and more than 6 orange crystals). I'm not saying that if your item has more condition it is bad for smelting but I say it's all on luck and in my experience condition does not affect the amount of resources you get from smelting.

• Okay :) I think that‘s true. Luck tend to be more important than the condition of the gear. I had the best smelting results with my old fighting-items. That‘s why I go one step further with the red items. I put them on and make one fight with them before I smelt them. Since I don‘t get a lot of red items that is not a big work.

...yes but maybe that‘s also useless and at the end of the day only the luck counts :D