direct attention to oneself

• Hey community,

First of all Happy New Year.

I think i've seen a discussion on this and i think GreatApo was talking about it at some point but can i ask this once again, since i cannot find anything here?

What does "direct attention to oneself" mode do to a merc?

I think it was either a static amount of Threat (like 700) or was it doing something else like the game first looks at who has the direct attention to oneself set and attacks him ignoring Threat?

I want to add it to the website too. I recently got a question like this from a fan and i don't know the answer.

• Thats not it....

If you set a mercenary to "direct attention to oneself" he has an increased change of hitting someone else than the opponent's blocker. Therefore his damage output is a lot higher.

• Unfortunately I am not aware of someone knowing exactly how threat and attack player selection works in turma. I did some research some years ago but I got nothing specific. Nowadays threat values appear in the report so I may look into it some day.

Anyway, it is clear that "Direct attention to oneself" points to a defense stance of the player and it attract more attacks to the player.

If i remember correctly, the simulator (gladiatussimulator.tk) takes into account both of these (stance and threat) but the results do not change significantly based on how you combine them together.

• As far as i know, the bigger the threat, the more attacks that mercenary will get. I didn't understood why healers were equipped with lucius's items, but can't see other reason. High armor, high blocking chance and most of attacks go for the highest threat.

About the "Direct attention to one self" i'm curious to find out too. Although, Soundcheck20 reply seems to be the best.

• I noticed that my reply wasn't the clearest either……

Most Turma teams have two mercs set to "Direct attention to one self".

First one is the blocker, he will really attract the attention because of his high threat (make sure he has a lot)

The second one is your best attacker, not because you really want him to attract attention (so make sure his threat is low), but because the "Direct attention to one self" mode does something else, it has an increased chance of hitting other targets than your opponents blocker. Therefor his damage output is higher,

Hope this will clarify it a bit.

• Correct its a defense mode. Usually the merc with the highest threat is set to direct attention so the NPC focuses on them while the rest of the team attacks.

You would want your battle merc with the highest threat set to direct whether its your best or not if you have a merc set to direct that has less threat you have a chance of other mercs with higher threat getting hit more defeating the purpose .

• Wait a sec. How is "Direct attention to one self" making the "attacker merc hit other targets than your opponents blocker". That's not what this action is supposed to do. Is this a bug? Why would a setting that makes others attack you more give you increased chance of hitting other targets

• Correct, it doesn't make any sense at all, but do I need to remind you this is GameForce? ;)

Check your battle details and you will see that this is really what it does. One of many hidden "features" in this game.

• Actually this is a pretty big deal. Some time ago, everybody would have 4 mercs (tanks and all damage dealers) on "direct attention stance".

GF tried to fix this : if you have more than 2 mercs on "direct attention", the third and forth one will not deal any damage.

So the same bug still exists, but we can only use it to boost one damage dealer.

Another consequence is the amount of damage dealt by your tank. When you start being 100+, and your tank is your main character, its important for him to have decent damage, as he will deal tons of dmg with this glitch.

Here is an example of a fight against a Turma close to mine. I think it's a good example of this glitch and how it affects Turma.

The damage dealers have around 600 minimal damage, against 480 and 400 for our tanks. Yet, both of our tanks dealt more damage than our damage dealers... Except the one guy that uses "direct attention" stance.

"I have a vision. A vision of everyone having cheese. Olroy cheese. Together we can put an end to the rule of Jyggalag, the Prince of Biscuits... Or was it order?"

• This is a fight with his mercs having 620 / 650 / 680 while mine 720 / 680 / 690 (minimal damage). Those in red are mercs with "direct attention to one self". His have the biggest threat after the clone, and received the most damage.

Still trying to understand how this works, but maybe forging the healer with Lucius while having around 1400 heal would work better? Any oppinions?

• I think Lucius is not the best option if you want to give your healer blockvalue because of this "feature" because it will give your healer extra threat.

Amulius or Aulus are better (and easier to craft) options, because they have blockvalue and no threat. Aulus would be the better one, since the block is higher and it has additional dexterity

• True. But all this spins around the threat and how the bigger it is, the most damage will go to the specific mercenary. I said Lucius because of high armor, which means more damage absorbed than with Amulius or Aulus. For what i've seen on other servers, most of them have Lucius on healer, but i don't know if this works any better. I lose fights with players with Lucius healer, while their minimal damage is around 600. Also can't say if it was a random of no crits or really works, because i can't find those players every 15 minutes (example) to test more fights.

Perhaps someone have a healer with Lucius and can write his point of view?

• Correct, it doesn't make any sense at all, but do I need to remind you this is GameForce? ;)

Check your battle details and you will see that this is really what it does. One of many hidden "features" in this game.

Maybe you got confused.

When you select the "direct attention to oneself" mode, the amount of damage you receive is much higher. That means your opponents focus on fighting the warriors in "direct attention to oneself" mode.

(I am sorry because my English is not good).

And here:

Direct%20attention%20oneself_zpsomvppowa.png

• When you select the "direct attention to oneself" mode, the amount of damage you receive is much higher. That means your opponents focus on fighting the warriors in "direct attention to oneself" mode.

Everyone knows that. What you didn't understand is that it is not the only effect of this stance; it also increases your damage output by making you focus non-tank ennemies more. That's what we've been talking about in this post

"I have a vision. A vision of everyone having cheese. Olroy cheese. Together we can put an end to the rule of Jyggalag, the Prince of Biscuits... Or was it order?"

• Thread closed due inactivity. Feel free to poke me if you want to add something else to the topic.

Best wishes.

aqjzGOb.png

~ There are those among us who are blessed with the power to save what is loved by another, but powerless to use this blessing for love themselves. ~

Board Admin [ES, FR, EN, US, TW, BG]