Possible Smelting for Scrolls that is higher level then my Character?

• Hi guys,

I came across this article and there is one fact saying:

1. Scrolls have item levels. A lot of things are dependent on the item level. For example a scroll of 94 item level cannot drop for you before your character is 94 level

I understood I cannot get any higher level scroll from expedition.

Take my situation as example, I'm now at 85 level, I will never get a scroll like Gaius(90) and Antonius(92) from loot drop. But Lucius(84) is possible.

:?:But what I wanted to ask is, is this rule applies to Smelting as well?:?:

:?:In another way, is it possible for me to get Gaius(90) scroll from smelting when I'm still at level of 85?:?:

I have collected many Gaius equipment and getting ready to smelt all of them during the upcoming scroll drop event.

But I don't want to risk it if it is simply impossible to smelt gaius scroll from level of 85.

I hope someone can tell me this to put me at ease! :D

Thanks and this is my first thread <3

• This site is full of wrong of info. There's maybe 1-3% chance from smelting and u can get gaius scroll since like 75lvl if u have a pact to see gaius on auctions. Maybe even earlier if u somehow drop gaius item from dungeon boss (cause they sometimes drop items 16+lvl higher)Here u have my tutorial. Some basics are not covered thou, but I'm updating it:

• Yes I understand the +16 level rules about loot drop. So what you suggest is that the scroll from melting is the same from loot drop I can smelt anything and expect there are 1-3 percent getting scroll that is higher level than my character (limited to 16 levels)?

Thank you for answering!

• You can refer to the prefixes and suffixes at the end. Good luck.

Hi Leona,

thanks for reply but prefixes and suffixes wasnt the problem. The real question is if we can get scroll that is higher level than my character from Smelting but not loot drop from expedition.

I totally familiar with the 16 level rule, I just need to make sure if the statement from that article is wrong.

• From that same article:

2. Scrolls can be produced by Smelting an item. At low (~5%) chance every smelt can produce a scroll with the prefix or suffix of the smelted item

yea but it did not conflict with the statement right? From what I can understand is that scroll can be produce by smelting but your character level has to be higher than the scroll level. Im not sure if Im right.

• 1. Scrolls have item levels. A lot of things are dependent on the item level. For example a scroll of 94 item level cannot drop for you before your character is 94 level

This only applies to drops from expeditions (in this case your level is the max prefix or suffix you can get)

2. Scrolls can be produced by Smelting an item. At low (~5%) chance every smelt can produce a scroll with the prefix or suffix of the smelted item

This only applies to drops from smelting ( in this case the max prefix or suffix you can theoretically smelt is your level + 14 (16)

• You can get gaius scroll from demon elephant and u are just lvl85

tbh i dont remember above +16lvls scroll from expos

You can get gaius scroll from lvl75 from smelting, but scroll lvl is 100

from smelting machine that scroll is red, so if u put in the warehouse u wont take it back unless +16lvl difference (i dunno if thats the case now, it used to be thou with mercenaries or other eq above 16lvl)

• well i got a lvl 112 char

ive dropped lvl 115-120 scrolls and recently melted an ilvl 130 porcius scroll, so yeah, whatever u can get ur hands on, u can melt and on the offchance poppa luck smiles on u ull get a scroll out it

what ive learned over the time is, u wanna do a bunch of scrolless melts during the non-event time, e.g. keep melting lucius or any other useful thing, when uve melted like 50+ times without a single scroll, prepare for the event with the spicy items that have spicy affixes..... melting lucius/antonius stuff is useful cuz u can cycle that resource into forging new lucius (add an orange garnet which everyone should have a ton for a random chance of orange) for more melts during the event

basically just a huge cycle :)