Merges, bad idea. Here is why

• So you are creating total 4 servers. In 2 years or less these servers are gonna be dead (like after previous merges). So u gonna be left with 4 dead servers and start create new ones again very fast, cause profits will go down. Instead u shouldve keep it like it is (still create new servers for new players) and only make international provicarium arena, so I can fight with gladiators in my league from all servers (now it's only community servers like US, EN, PL, DE etc). Provincarium should be all communities.

My problem with this is some weaker players gonna get attacked and they will stop playing. Like 1st player is 120lvl and the 2nd is 128. They wouldnt be seen on provincarium arena (cause 1st player has way less base stats than 2nd player), but now they all together. Same if someone is lvl 200 and they will attack lvl140. That shouldnt be possible. You should unable attacks below ur league lvl or at least don't count it to stats.

If u aint top1 guild or top1 rank and someone will dethrone u, u might lose motivation to play as well. So you will lose 80% of players and 80% of ur profits or something like that. Many players will stop playing. That merge would be a good excuse for them to quit.

You shouldve just keep all of them on these seperated servers and make more interesting provincarium arena (where u match with players ur rank). The only good idea is that next servers will be all international and that should be a thing long time ago. But lets be real guys, this game is a solo game. You should just keep ALL players seperated and only let them fight on provincarium arenas. You need to grasp that. Don't let players attack each other with high level of difference. Like fights between 90lvl and 140lvl shouldnt exist. Just fights with provincarium arena. Make some global ranking highscore and thats it.

Solution: block fights within server, only allow fights through Provincarium arena and add also players from your own server to Provincarium too, so that way u got all players within your rank to fight

Remove this button:

Do you seek revenge from another gladiator? Challenge him now for 10res2.gif to a duel in the arena.

Like for example in CS:GO u have rank system as well and u dont allow lower rank players to be matched with higher rank players. Overall need to be balanced. Why they do this? Because they know players would leave and lose motivation to play. So there should be only fights within your range/leagues like in Provincarium

Merges are bad cause u wont have hundreds dead servers, but only 4 dead servers. I dunno how u gonna profit that. So later on dont blame players that they leave and that the game is dead. You know NOW that these 4 servers are gonna be dead pretty fast, cause u got ALREADY experience with merges, that shouldnt be surprise. Is that gladiatus last dance before closing?

I personally not gonna play much, maybe during microevents, but thats not even sure

Edited 7 times, last by MBT ().

• Everyone wanted server merges, but the way they did it... I just think this is gonna be a massacre, and surely some players will stop playing after this, because they are used to chill, to have their own place, this changes everything.

But maybe you are right, this could be the last push before closing Gladiatus completely.

• So, lets see your point if view.

1) so you say a game in which you are a roman gladiator you dont like that there will be fights ..

All servers were dead with max 30-40 players playing.. In Greece for example we have 2 x1 servers so we have no fights .no people for 3rd costume ...it is so boring.. International server merges are our dream .. we still dont believe that there is such a GREAT change ..

2) Bigger lvls when they attack smaller ones only hp is going down,, no gold.. maybe they need to have the 10lvl difference rule when attacking someone .

3) if they only added international arena who would care.. you would have people to attack but no reason to get better if you have 4-5 active players in your province,,

4)You support that if a player is lvl 120 and the other one 128 but with worse base stats they shouldnt be in the same arena. what the hell.. that is the main reason to get better... if you are worse than others at your lvl..to beat the one beating you ..

• Okay maybe its not going be that bad like I said, there are cons and pros. Anyway they implemented themselves this noob protection system on Provincarium arena, so it wasnt my idea.

• I also have my concerns about server merges as I already explained it in another thread, however they are somewhat different to the ones you just mentioned.

Let me share 3 problems that just came to my mind, that could possibly kill the game if you did the merges in its current state:

1. Food and auction system:

To keep up levelling, especially at higher levels it is essential to bet on food in the auction house basically all the time you're online. With Dis Pater's costume, centurion and apollo's pacts players often do hundreds of expedition battles a day, not the mention the ones in the arena to gain more experience from quests. Unfortunately expedition opponents are barely farmable after lvl 160, you're going to lose a lot of hp and and it will require you the bid on foods consistently, otherwise you'll have no chance to improve your charachter. I wonder what will happen if you put hundreds of active players on the same server being able to bid on the same items. It would be catastrophic, and would certainly kill the characters of the ones who refuse to buy hundreds of rubies on a montly basis, to buy out food from the auction or refresh the vendor.

2. Cheaters, punishment and ban appeals:

I observe overall weekly highscores just out of curiosity, and I must say I see some really interesting results. I'm not gonna name any players nor servers, but let's get realistic: hitting 15 million points of honor each week, meanwhile reaching over 10k arena wins each and every week is impossible for a human being. The only reason why these players haven't been banned yet is either there are no active GO's in their communities or they are abusing the rules as GO's themselves. (you know there are rumours about some servers). I wonder what will happen to players like this on an international server. Will GO's who hand out bans be responsible for their own communities? If not what if you falsely get banned? How are you going to be able to publish a ban appeal? In my community I experienced it can take WEEKS for a player to get rehabilitated ("It's a voluntary job for us, so you have to be patient" - they say). I don't think it would make things any easier if GO's from several communities would have to get in touch and communicate with each other

3. Grindstone events (like Walls of Hadrianus or War against Numidians):

In my community there's a custome: once an event like this takes place players come together and agree in a certain value of maximum points they can reach, in order to make sure as many players finish in the first place as possible, so all of them get the grindstone, the title and other rewards. It often can be problematic even on servers with a smaller player base. Putting tousands of players on the same server would just make it even harder, making it basically impossible to be able to get the title for victory points without spending rubies.

So these are my main concerns, feel free to add yours if you have any. In my oppinion a merge between community servers or merging internationally into more servers with less players would be a much sustainable solution.

• Of course discussing the changes is of importance and essential for this community ..I hope go's can change or add things after viewing our opinions.thats why we are here..

so to answer to Rigel

1) I Hope/Want to believe that the auction house will have some changes according to the vast number of players after the merge.. They havent announced rule changes and game changes yet so in days to come we will get our answers.. I believe that they will make a better use of our merchants.. even if consumables are much more expensive there we will have more people to attack and get gold. also some different events can solve it.. Also the need for consumables can wake the past merchant gameplay.. so many players can sell and make gold..

2)Bot users are a thing in every country .. i believe the company is a little more lenient with some players because in many countries you already have a small number of active players. Unfortunately it is difficult to find it but there are tools ..But it is irrelavant to the merge

3)events like that were meant to wake some players up. to get some more playing time and ruby spending . they company doenst care if you are able to communicate and have multiple winners.. lets hope the events will be frequent and with different ways to win it . i believe that this kind of event will not happen again after the merge

In General i believe that the game will change much more than we think.. and the biggest change is not the merge. It is how much they will change it because of it.. More Auction items or a big Auction change. maybe a third Auction just for consumables ( Food Auction etc.) .. Merchants are not used in most of the occasions (apart from selling items ) so i believe we will see a big change there also .In both buying and selling to merchants ..

there will be many players in each arena sooo ,,,Changes to arenas or arena events with some kind of prize maybe ?

the number of guilds will be great so changes to guild attacks are ought to happen.,,

And much much more..

• I would like to hope that the money they save from having only several servers instead of dozens of servers running would be put into improving / finalizing the game (Aka adding the missing things like dungeons for Britannia).. but I don't got too much of a hope for it happening...

• And what will happen to the guilds, because with such a massive update there will be strong relocations and there will be guilds with so many members that their current levels of buildings will be insufficient, especially the medical center. Until now, it was not possible to have about 70+ active members above level 100 in one guild, but now with more people it will be possible.

Imagine 70 active members lining up for 7 doctors as they enter the underworld.

Another unclear thing about what will happen to the provincial arena attacks? According to the logic of the merger, the other merged ones should come out, etc. provinces only at other speeds but not at your server speed. De facto if you play x5 speed and if you go to the province attacks x1, x2, x4 speeds. But X5 speed players at high levels will not be able to attack them in the countryside and they will be able to attack there because they will not have players in range from other speeds, right?

• of course changes to guilds will happen .. i believe most top guilds have banned or people that stopped the game .. when the merges happen i believe all these inactive players will be dumped and active players will be added.. upgrading the gladiatorius and medical center accordingly should be available...

for the provinces arena the change is simple.. only used for attacking the other speed servers .. i wouldnt care because i would have so many to attack at my province that i would attack them because of less defence time..

• I played another game that we were from many different countries and the flags were in a separate column, not so scattered. Ranking is now like a Christmas tree. Separately in the market where the flags are displayed is extremely poorly thought out. If someone wants to connect in order to trade with someone, it is better to display the flags when viewing your account under the name.

• And what will happen to the guilds, because with such a massive update there will be strong relocations and there will be guilds with so many members that their current levels of buildings will be insufficient, especially the medical center. Until now, it was not possible to have about 70+ active members above level 100 in one guild, but now with more people it will be possible.

Another unclear thing about what will happen to the provincial arena attacks? According to the logic of the merger, the other merged ones should come out, etc. provinces only at other speeds but not at your server speed. De facto if you play x5 speed and if you go to the province attacks x1, x2, x4 speeds. But X5 speed players at high levels will not be able to attack them in the countryside and they will be able to attack there because they will not have players in range from other speeds, right?

but .... in polish server 1 there is such a guild, 74 members from whom exactly 4 r under lvl 100 ....

there literally exists such a guild ....

and polish servers havent yet merged into en servers xD they did that on their own

but .... in polish server 1 there is such a guild, 74 members from whom exactly 4 r under lvl 100 ....

there literally exists such a guild ....

and polish servers havent yet merged into en servers xD they did that on their own

And all these members are active and have over 1 million honor in the weekly leaderboard?

• My suggestion for that problem would be the following:

You can own multiple characters on the same server (only trading and item transfers are forbidden between them). You create a guild with each of them. Then you join them with your main character, donate a few million gold, upgrade a few levels on villa medici (also upgrading the warehouse is a good idea). So when you run out of healers in your main guild you just leave and start migrating between your own guilds. And when you're finished you rejoin.

As far as I know it is not against the rules. Excuse me if it is, but this is what every top guild does in my country :)

• i dont have an account in the server personally, so i dont have that information, im just doing a check-up on what is going to be hitting my server soon

• My suggestion for that problem would be the following:

You can own multiple characters on the same server (only trading and item transfers are forbidden between them). You create a guild with each of them. Then you join them with your main character, donate a few million gold, upgrade a few levels on villa medici (also upgrading the warehouse is a good idea). So when you run out of healers in your main guild you just leave and start migrating between your own guilds. And when you're finished you rejoin.

As far as I know it is not against the rules. Excuse me if it is, but this is what every top guild does in my country :)

i got like 6-7 of them created alrdy from the time we didnt have horreum, man had to have space for all that good stuff somewhere :)

i highly doubt i was the only one who created the "mule accounts"

so i suppose its time to wipe the dust out, wash and keep the windows open for a few days, mby get some little furniture update in the vestibule and lounging area xD

but i mean i completely agree with the solution, its the 278 IQ move FeelsGoodMan